How is it that children just entering toddlerhood pick up the structure of their respective languages with ease? They are not formally taught to use speech; they have limited cognitive abilities and a “poverty of stimulus,” given their highly circumscribed environments.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- #BoycottSpectrum10K | RoundUp: From Spectrum 10K Paused To Autistics Valid Protest To #StopSpectrum10K
- Another Personal Note: The Duality Of Disability Perception Based On My Language Skills Online & In Person | Eve Reiland
- On A Personal Note: Since becoming disabled, I’ve learned how to adapt for cognitive fluctuations | Eve Reiland
- #StopSpectrum10K | RoundUp: From Problematic Simon Baron-Cohen To An October UK #BoycottSpectrum10K Protest | Circa September 5, 2021
- #StopSpectrum10K | Collective joint statement from Autistic people on Spectrum 10k | Emergent Divergence September 2021