NOTE: This is an AWFUL idea that puts a huge target on Autistic kids and people’s backs for predators and bullies.
Please consult with the disability community before you tag and out your kid. There’s reasons, very good ones, that we don’t mark our kids. Think about safety FIRST.
And NO the Autistic Community doesn’t embrace this – NT parents of Autistics embrace this and its a terrible idea. This is what happens when you silo out Autism from the disability community with these parents- they don’t even know the basics of safety and disability.
DON’T TAG your kids.
Carrying a blue bucket on Halloween has become a way to ask others to be sensitive to those who might find trick-or-treating a challenge.
– Parenting –
- The Toxicity of “Autism Parent” Memoirs | Shannon Rosa | Circa March 3, 2018
- Martyr Parents: For The Sake Of Your Child, Please Evolve | Eve Reiland
- Careful when Parenting an Autistic Child. Destruction of Their Property Can be Traumatic | Fierce Autie
- Chronic pain sufferer Daisy Hoskins finally gets diagnosis after decades of doubt
- VIDEOS: Justice For Osime Brown Campaign | Paul Wady