People with disabilities know our lives are worth living — but time and time again, we have had to fight to get this message across to those in power. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic is no exception. A number of states have made COVID-19 plans that direct medical professionals to deny care on the basis of disability if there are not enough resources for everyone who is sick. Across the U.S., many people with disabilities are living in fear that they may be denied lifesaving treatment. ASAN is taking action to make sure people with disabilities do not face discrimination during this crisis, and you can take action with us.
– Divergent News & Notes –
- #BoycottSpectrum10K | RoundUp: From Spectrum 10K Paused To Autistics Valid Protest To #StopSpectrum10K
- Another Personal Note: The Duality Of Disability Perception Based On My Language Skills Online & In Person | Eve Reiland
- On A Personal Note: Since becoming disabled, I’ve learned how to adapt for cognitive fluctuations | Eve Reiland
- #StopSpectrum10K | RoundUp: From Problematic Simon Baron-Cohen To An October UK #BoycottSpectrum10K Protest | Circa September 5, 2021
- #StopSpectrum10K | Collective joint statement from Autistic people on Spectrum 10k | Emergent Divergence September 2021